Make Your Own Night Light Kit
Create a magical masterpiece with the Crystal Flower Night Light Kit! Turn off the lights and see your creation come to life! Once you’ve crystalized your pipe cleaner objects, let’s assemble all the pieces together and see the final look.
Each kit comes with full color, easy-to-follow instruction manual with a choice of 14 pretty flowers, butterflies, and other shape tutorials to choose from, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, crystal-chemical, a beaker, a growing cup, spoon, thread, colorful gems, a shatter-proof mason jar with fairy lights and a carry handle. *You will need 2 AAA batteries and a micro screwdriver
How to Make a Night Light Jar
1. Gather all the materials from the kit including your crystalized pipe cleaner forms. I’ve created three: a star, carnation, and rose. For the handle, I’ve made a pipe cleaner butterfly which you can find instructions on how to make in the manual or check out the Pipe Cleaner Butterfly blog!
2. Lights, Camera, Actions! Take the lid from the jar flip it over to the back. Remove the battery holder topper by using a micro screwdriver to remove the screw. Insert two AAA batteries and place the topper back on. Press the black button on the top of the lid and let’s get these twinkle lights to shine!
3. Pour the package of stones into the jar to make a colorful foundation for your crystal creations.
4. Gently place your pipe cleaner crystals into the jar and range how you would like it.
5. Weave the twinkle lights into the jar by pushing the lights as close to the bottom as possible. Spiral the lights up till the lid can be twisted on the jar. TIP: Use one of the popsicle sticks to help push and place the strand of lights into place.
6. Time to decorate the handle! There is an assortment of pipe cleaners left and so many decoration possibilities! Let your creativity take over. One option is to take a few different colors and twist them together.
7. Loop your pipe cleaners around the handle and secure tightly on either end. Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner to twist the butterfly to the handle.
8. Your science experiment has been transformed into a work of art. Test it out in a dark room!
Take a look at this to see a time-lapsed video of assembling the night light!
Create your own Crystal Flower Night Light ! This is the perfect STEAM gift that will spark creativity and ingenuity for young minds. Not to mention, create a beautiful and functional art!