Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids
How do you make a simple pipe cleaner flower?
Glad you asked! Let’s make a bouquet of fun and easy pipe cleaner flowers. These pipe cleaner crafts range from preschoolers to elementary and beyond! This activity can also be used for a craft night with friends.
This cheerful-looking flower symbolizes purity and new beginnings! My daisy petals are orange like the Orange African Daisies.
How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Daisy
1. You’ll need a ruler, scissors, two orange pipe cleaners, one green pipe cleaner, and one yellow pipe cleaner.
2. Let’s prep the petals! Cut the orange pipe cleaners into 3-inch pieces ( or if you are short a ruler, cut each pipe cleaner into fourths). Cut the yellow and green pipe cleaner in half.
3. Take each orange piece and bend into a “u” shape. Line up these petals on either side of the green pipe cleaner to visualize the next step.
4. Hold the green pipe cleaner near the top. Gradually add the orange U’s to the top and hold it all together! TIP: This part may be a bit tricky. I recommend spacing the first four petals as evenly as possible. With the remaining four, insert wherever is most manageable. Hold on tight with one hand!
5. The petals will be secured by the yellow pipe cleaner. Twirl it around all petals and stem. Start about half an inch from the top. The petals may fall out if they are secured properly.
6. Fan those gorgeous petals out! It doesn’t have to be perfect, after all, no two flowers look the same.
7. And there you have your very own daisy! It’s sweet and cute and the perfect beginning to a flower craft bouquet! Check out the video below to see the creation from beginning to end!
To create this and other pipe cleaner flower crafts, check out the Pipe Cleaner Craft Kit! There are 21 different crafts and plenty of pipe cleaner colors to go around.