Dynamo Lab: Volcano Experiments
Do you have a young scientist at home who likes to explore and has a curious mind? The Dynamo Lab is the best science set to encourage your child's learning in a fun way. One of the best experiments in the kit is the volcano science activities! The kit comes with its very own volcano base replica and it’s our time to make the volcano erupt!
Before we get started, did you know that 75% of the world’s volcanos are found in a line in the Pacific Ocean called the Ring of Fire? The country of Indonesia can be found along here too. It’s the most volcanically active country in the entire world! Some notable volcanos are Mount Vesuvius, Mount St. Helens, Krakatoa, and Mount Fuji.
Volcano Experiment 1 - Load to Explode!
1. this experiment, you’ll need the following supplies from home: water and a plate. From the kit, you’ll need the volcano base, baking soda, citric acid, a yellow measuring spoon, and a beaker. Be proactive with clean-up! Place your volcano base on a plate to catch the lava overflow
3. Locate the crater hole at the top of the volcano. With the yellow spoon, scoop two large spoonfuls of baking soda and pour them into the hole.
4. Next, add one large spoonful of citric acid to the baking soda in the crater hole and mix well.
5. Take the beaker and fill it with 15 mL of water then brace yourself as you slowly pour the water into the crater…
6. ERUPTION! Your volcano has successfully erupted! Image the bubbly substance is lava - what a sight to see for your young scientist. Get the camera ready for a great reaction picture!
Best Volcano-Making Kit
There are more volcanic experiments to come! The Dynamo Lab has 21 Mind-Blowing experiments and interesting activities including creating your own lava lamp, crystal growing, and of course volcano science kit!